Monday, May 11, 2009

Garrett Jones, Dancer

(Journal Entry May 6)

We have lift off!! Today about two hours ago we took off to China. Everything at O'Hare went OK. I did have a mini freakout because I was the first person there and I didn't find anyone else until we almost boarded. Just the flight is already different from anything I've done before. When I looked at the people waiting to get on the plane, I kept thinking how our roles are reversed. I am the stranger going to a different place and they are just going home.

(Journal Entry May 7)

Finally we get here! Actually the flight was not that bad. I think no one should have to sit for that long. When we arrived, a crew boarded and screened everyone for swine flu....REALLY?!!!

Shanghai is beautiful!! it is very urban and growing!! There is construction everywhere. Shanghai has some type of world expo coming here so it looks like they are remaking the whole city. To me it seems that the Chinese care alot about appearance to the rest of the world.

Once we've checked in all of us went to get something to eat. This will be my struggle. Out of the ten dishes brought out, I believe I tried four. What can I say... I'm a picky eater.

(Journal Entry May 8)

The sunrise is so early here!! The sun came up at 4:30 AM. I've been awake since 3:00 AM. My body is still getting used to the time change.

I've been doing a lot of people watching while we have been visiting around. People here seem very Western, or at least they dress that way. Style here is not quite Jap-Punk, and more like Chicago with little differences. They have the same type of stores so I guess it is not surprising.

Poor Amy... I know my insomnia is keeping her awake!!

We have just gone to the museum, and guess what... its a museum. There were alot of nice things but the most interesting thing was a paradox I found. The exhibits were not very well lit until you walked up to them. Once you were up close the lights would brighten to show the exhibit.

These people do not like to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment